The Holy Loch Marina can be found in the scenic, peaceful location of the Cowal Peninsula on the River Clyde. Yet it is just 20 minutes by frequent ferry from Gourock, which is less than an hour away from Glasgow.
Dunoon and Cowal is a relaxing, established holiday area and is home to abundant places of local historical interest, as well as town facilities. There is excellent walking and cycling in Argyll Forest Park, as well as superb sea and game fishing. In addition the wildlife of the area is diverse and includes common and grey seals, porpoise and occasionally bottlenose dolphins, basking sharks and minke whales, as well as a wide variety of sea and shore birds.
Holy Loch, with nearby Hunters Quay, was a major centre in times past - one of the cradles of yachting.
Hunters Quay was the headquarters of the Royal Clyde Yacht Club, which was formed in 1856, established its clubhouse within the new Royal Marine Hotel in 1871, and became a major regatta venue for much of the next century.
Holy Loch is one of the Clyde's finest natural harbours, and two yacht yards flourished on its shores from those days. Robertson's (on the northern Holy Loch Marina site), and Morris and Lorimer (on the main site) built many famous yachts, but eventually succumbed to the changing economic conditions of the last few decades.
Holy Loch Marina is reviving this maritime tradition - offering the leisure sailor a secure haven in superb surroundings.
Holy Loch Marina recognises the value of the Holy Loch environment and its wildlife.
Berth holders, visitors and staff should keep away from the mudflats and saltmarsh at the head of the Loch to avoid disturbing waders and other wildfowl, and follow marina guidelines for waste disposal and fuel handling.
Full details are available on site.